SN/SD Bearings (Split Plummer Block Bearing)
The New compact Split Plummer Block Bearing from SRB is the first split cylindrical roller bearing assembly to be interchangeable with standard SN and SD series plummer blocks, bringing the benefits of a split design to a much wider audience.
Split roller bearings offer dramatically reduced downtime in maintenance and replacement situations, but could not previously be used in many bearing applications because of their dimensional incompatibility with standard plummer block sizes.
Cast iron plummer blocks accommodating adaptor sleeve mounted spherical roller bearings are amongst the most common types in use, supporting rotating shafts in everything from conveyors and fans to line shafts.
Yet their replacement is often time consuming and difficult due to the removal of adjacent equipment. Replacing a typical bearing mounted in a cast iron plummer block can take anything from 6 hours to several days, in contrast, it can take as little as 1-2 hours to replace an SRB bearing unit.
Key benefits of the Split Plummer Block are:
- SRB SN & SD Series supports dimensionally interchangeable with the SN5.. and SD31.. range of plummer blocks
- Significant reductions in the time required to change trapped bearings
- Savings in downtime, improved machine availability
- Simplified mounting procedures, no feeler gauges
- Improved sealing efficiency, seals remain concentric to the shaft, unlike spherical roller bearings
- Efficient use of Maintenance Engineering resources
- Improved reliability, able to accommodate thermal expansion of the shaft within the bearing envelope