Under ESOS, energy usage is defined as all forms of energy products that are both supplied to and consumed by an organisation including combustible fuels, heat (excluding an organisation's surplus heat from industrial processes), renewable energy and electricity.
Each qualifying ESOS participant must:
- Measure its total energy consumption
- Identify areas of significant energy consumption
- Consider available routes to compliance
- Ensure areas of significant energy consumption are covered by a route to compliance
- Appoint a Lead Assessor either internally or externally
- Get one or more board level directors to review the assessment findings
- Make a notification of ESOS compliance online
It’s only by implementing the findings of the ESOS assessment that you will benefit from the full savings potential, ERIKS know-how can turn your ESOS assessment into a real cost saving opportunity, find out how here.
To get started download
and complete the ESOS First Steps form, then simply email it to email@example.com and we will review it with you to clarify your options.