The Renold Pinflex is a British manufactured robust, general purpose torsionally flexible pin and bush coupling providing reliable fail-safe transmission of torque with misalignment capability.
Consisting of quality carbon steel hubs the bore capacity of Pinflex couplings is greater than for a similar size cast iron pin and bush coupling. This allows the use of a smaller Pinflex when replacing older cast iron couplings and being lighter needs less power, saving energy, whilst prolonging drive chain bearing life. Fit it and forget it.
Features and benefits:
- Torque range - up to 32,500 Nm
- Heavy duty pin and buffers for heavy shock loading conditions
- Torsional flexible - shock absorbing extends machine life
- High quality steel hubs, stronger yet more compact than cast iron hubs
- Maintenance free design, no re-greasing needed
- Taper lock bores available for ease of maintenance
- Polyurethane buffers, hard wearing for long life yet flexible and temperature resistant
- Misalignment capabilities up to 2x older cast iron pin and bush couplings
- Modular construction - available as standard coupling, brake drum/disc coupling and shear pin coupling
- Symmetrical design - one hub type against older cast iron couplings having two hub types meaning less spares inventory
Renold Pinflex - the Environmental choice!
Other coupling products to note from Renold are:
For more information click on the Renold Coupling Catalogue document to the right.
Renold Sprag Clutch, Trapped Roller Freewheels and Bearing Backstops
SO/SX Series - Sprag Clutch
A high precision, clutch suitable for medium to heavy duty applications.
SO - For overrunning applications
SX - For indexing applications
DM - Sprag Clutch
High torque capacity yet compact direct mounting design, suitable for backstopping applications.
Available in a wide range of sizes, from 125 to 513.
For the full range of Renold Freewheels click on the Freewheels - Sprag and Trapped Roller Clutches document above right.
REUK Series - Bearing Backstops
A high precision bearing backstop that is available in a range of configurations.
series is available to accommodate shaft sizes from 8mm through to 40mm. These are directly interchangeable with the Stieber CSK/KK range, the Ringspann ZZ and Morse CKK range of bearing backstops. These offer press fitting to n6 tolerance.
series is available to accommodate shaft sizes from 12mm through to 40mm. These are directly interchangeable with the Stieber CSKP range, the Ringspann ZZP/FCN-K and Morse CKKN range of bearing backstops. These offer fitting via an internal keyway.
series is available to accommodate shaft sizes from 15mm through to 40mm. These are directly interchangeable with the Stieber CSKPP range, the Ringspann ZZPP and Morse CKKNN range of bearing backstops. These offer fitting via an internal and external keyway.
For typical applications and how they function there is a range of animations from Renold which give more information.
Click on the external links above right to view Renold Sprag Clutch, Renold Trapped Roller Clutch and Renold Tension Release Backstops animations.
For general coupling information, including: how to select your coupling, application information and more information about Renold; click on the Renold Couplings - General Information document above right.
For further details contact your local ERIKS Service Centre on 0845 006 6000.