ERIKS have over 30 years experience in refurbishing and painting transformers at customer sites
- Steam cleaning or shot blasting
- Rust removal and treatment
- Radiators replaced on site
- Flow painting (over 100 microns per coat)
- Transformer compound refurbishment
- All existing rust is removed where possible and treated with a rust preventor.
- All necessary parts are then masked to prevent painting. The transformer then has a primary coat applied via a spray gun.
- Once this is dry a second top coat is applied by means of flow painting. Flow painting is a technique we use to give a far greater micron coat of paint than is obtainable from spray painting.
- This technique is an advantage in costal areas where sea salt corrodes tanks and in arduous atmospheres
- Gate valves, breathers and auxiliaries are painted different colours for ease of identification.
- Compounds cleaned and plant growth removed
- Fencing and gates painted and repaired
- Buildings maintained i.e. brick work